Update: 12/11/16: The Update Servers are now available. To update from older builds (post version R46-7323), just go to ‘About Chromium OS’ and click on ‘Check for and apply updates’.
New Special Builds out today!
Download 64 bit build from https://chromium.arnoldthebat.co.uk/special/Camd64OS_R55-8777.0-Special.7z
Download 32 bit build from https://chromium.arnoldthebat.co.uk/special/Cx86OS_R55-8777.0-Special.7z
- Sierra wireless EM7355 WiFi added
- Marvell Yukon 88E8040 NIC added
- Altheros AR8152 NIC added
- Realtek RTL8192E WiFi added
- Realtek RTL8723BS WiFi added
- Fix for the lack of space when booting from USB. This means a minimum 8GB USB stick is now required.
- R55 Chromium Release
- Kernel version 4.4
- Google Drive Integration
- Improved Linux Firmware Support as per https://gitweb.gentoo.org/repo/gentoo.git/tree/sys-kernel/linux-firmware/linux-firmware-20160628.ebuild.
- Improved Wireless support due to disabling APManager
Known Issues: https://github.com/arnoldthebat/chromiumos/issues
Download 64 bit Vanilla build from https://chromium.arnoldthebat.co.uk/special/Camd64OS_R55-8777.0-Vanilla.7z
Download 32 bit Vanilla build from https://chromium.arnoldthebat.co.uk/special/Cx86OS_R55-8777.0-Vanilla.7z
Please note: there is a new behaviour with the chronos user password. The password has been removed from this build and will continue to be removed for better overall security.
This means you need to use ‘chromeos-setdevpasswd’ from either shell or console to set your own password from this build onwards.
By default, this also disables SSH access so if you also need this level of access, you will need to set a separate password using ‘sudo passwd chronos’. This allows the password for dev access and SSH access to remain separate if needed.
You can also just set a password using ‘sudo passwd chronos’ and this will allow for both dev and SSH access if you need to keep the passwords the same. Do not use ‘chromeos-setdevpasswd’ if you want to keep the passwords the same.